Monday, February 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home


You're probably wondering, "What am I looking at?" That lump under the covers in my bed is my cat, Niki. We came home from a long weekend away (as usual we took our kitty-children with us,) and when we returned home, there was cheering and rejoicing. And it came from the cats.

 

Niki jumped on my bed and burrowed his way under the covers, suddenly able to fully relax. The look on his face was pure bliss. He was in heaven. (Although in the picture he looks more shocked, but that's just his face.) Seeing how peaceful and serene he was once he was in his safe place made me realize how grateful I am for our home.


I'm grateful to wake up in a warm bed, snuggled with my little family. I'm grateful for my husband who loves me and my kitties who bring me entertainment and joy every day.

I'm grateful for this time we have to be close to our families. That we are able to drive a couple of hours and we can be with our family again.

I'm grateful that I am able to buy food for dinner every night and take my parents out to dinner as a thank you for their generosity.

I am grateful for my closest friends who have and will be there for me through thick and thin.

And I am grateful for a happy home. I have so much and sometimes it takes something as simple as seeing a pleased kitten to make you realize it's the little things that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda