Friday, February 25, 2011

Introductions

I feel it's time to introduce myself. Right now, most of the people reading this blog already know me (hi mom!) but I hope that someday this blog will reach farther than my own circle of friends and family. So for those of you who don't already know me, here it is . . .

 

My name is Lyda. I grew up in a town in Eastern Washington, which is where I still find myself calling home. I currently live in on the other side of the Cascade Mountains, in Bellingham, which is where I went to college. I graduated with a degree in Theatre Arts, which let me tell you, that's where all the money is made! (*chuckle*)



I have Rheumatoid Arthritis (see previous blog) and am putting off giving myself my medicine at this very moment. I might blog about that another day. It's unpleasant but one of the reasons I started this blog was to have an outlet for dealing with this disease, and to hopefully have something for other young people with arthritis to connect with.

 

I love traveling to new places, learning how to cook, reading a good book while curled up in bed, drinking great wine, shopping for things beyond my price range and of course, skiing. I learned how to ski when I first started dating my husband because, well, otherwise I would never have seen him in the winter. 


This handsome man is my husband, Mitch. He is a mechanical engineer and honestly the smartest person I've ever met. He likes working with his hands and making things, like homemade beer (and the scratching post for our cats. He's not going to spend a lot of money on something if he can build it himself. And he's always looking for his next project.) Other than beer, he also enjoys distilled beverages and cooking. Heavy metal resonates in his bones and he will be more than happy to discuss metal bands with you.


We got married in March 2009, exactly a week before his job sent him to work in Salt Lake City for three months. I stayed behind to finish school, but when I graduated, and three months turned into a year, I packed up our house and moved down with him. After spending our first year of marriage in a city where we knew no one, we realized that we can live anywhere as long as we're together. 

 

At this moment we're staying as mobile as possible so that the next time Mitch has the opportunity to move somewhere for a great job, we can get up and go! And wherever we go, we'll have fun while we're there! 

We currently don't have any little Mitchs and baby Lydas, but we do have two cats. We started with Tesla (named after Nikola Tesla.) 


We got her when she was 6 weeks old. We often remember the day we adopted her from a scary house up in Deming, WA. The people had three scary Dobermans and three shirtless boys who tossed the kittens to each other like frisbees. (Ok, I might be exaggerating with that statement, but I did catch one boy actually tossing Tesla to his brother. It was frightening.) She had fleas and was scared, so we took her home, got her some medicine from the vet, and have loved her ever since. She's always been scrappy (like her momma) but as she gets older she gets snuggley-er and lovey-er. 


While in Utah we adopted Nikola, or Niki for short. You've already met him as my blogging buddy. He is a lover not a fighter. Quite different from Tesla. Though when it comes to food, no one will get in his way. At first, the two kitties did not get along very well. But they quickly bonded in our tiny apartment and now they love each other . . . most of the time. 



And that's our family. Wherever I go, they go. Like I said, as long as we're all together we are happy. Along the way I'll introduce you to the extended branches of our fam but for now I'll leave you with that. 

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda