Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday

It's Wednesday. Wednesdays always seem crummy to me. Wednesdays always mean that there's still the butt half of the week left to deal with. So in attempt to make this day a good one, I decided to dedicate this Wednesday to reflect on favorites.

First of all, let's talk about soup. Whiskey Crab Soup from The Cliffhouse  to be specific. This soup is amazing. I will get cravings for the stuff. When we lived in Utah, I had withdrawals. I will do almost anything to get it. It had been a while since I had any, so last night we decided to go to The Cliffhouse.

We know this place. We know what's good, we know what we like, and we get it. Last night, our dinner consisted of two bowls of Whiskey Crab Soup, a salad to split, and a drink for each (wine for me, beer for him). And let me tell you . . .


It was DELICIOUS!



Want to know another favorite?


IZZE soda! 

Please tell me you've tried it. It's a fruity, bubbly, tasty drink that I can't get enough of. There are no refined sugars, no preservatives and it's "Naturally Delightful!" Apparently each bottle delivers two servings of fruit, though I'm in no way saying you should drink this instead of eating actual fruit.

I first tried an IZZE soda at the Whole Foods in Salt Lake City, though I had also seen it before in Starbucks (Another fav.). My goal was to stop drinking so much soda, but there's something about bubbly drinks that I love. And if it's between Pepsi and a fruity alternative, I'm gonna go with the fruit!



My husband bought some of the blackberry flavor for me when I was sick and it was the greatest present! Though all their other flavors are great as well!



Favorite thing #3 today, in order to keep this blog from being all about food . . .

 

My bed.

It might not look like much to you, but this is my absolute favorite. This morning I woke up and just stayed snuggled in my comforter, surrounded by pillows, listening to my cat squawking in the other room. The cat squawking obviously wasn't appealing, but nestled in my bed, I don't have a care in the world.


And on that bed . . .

 

The Squawker herself. As much as she drives me crazy lately with her early morning wake up call, I love this little chirper.



And of course . . .

 

This little bug. My blogging buddy.


Wednesdays might have to become weekly favorites appreciation day from now on. I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda