Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where To Travel

It's that time of year . . . it's cold, starting to snow, I haven't seen the sun in days . . . well, that last part was a lie. I saw the sun when I went to Wenatchee last weekend. But still, when I have to go to Eastern Washington for some vitamin D, that's when you know it's time for a vacation. And by vacation, I mean beach vacation. I need some of this . . .



And some of these . . .


 

Last March we went to Mexico. It was a last minute trip to get out of the blizzard we were stuck in in Utah. It was actually a pretty inexpensive trip in the end. All-inclusive resort, all the margaritas you could drink, and some of the best fajitas I've ever had. Oh, and coming into our hotel room at night to find this!

 

And this!


Oh that was a nice trip. And I miss the beach. Oh do I miss the beach. Let's revisit it!

 

Ah yes, I remember it well.

But on the other hand, as much as I love going to the beach, Mitch and I have been talking about going to Europe for over a year now. Paris, in particular.

 

I went to Paris with my mother in 2005. My brother was living in Amsterdam at the time and the two of us decided to go visit him. We decided to spend a few days in France while we were over there and we absolutely LOVED it! It was one of the best experiences of my life so far and I have always wanted to go back. Especially with a special someone! :-)


When I went with my mother, we had such a fun time shopping and eating and drinking wine. But at the time I don't know if I truly appreciated it as much as I would today. Especially the wine.

Like I said, we've been researching this trip for over a year now and figured we could easily spend at least two weeks in Paris by renting an apartment. Our favorites among the ones we found were on the Île St-Louis. And in the end it would be much more affordable than a hotel and we would be able to really immerse ourselves in the Parisian culture.

 

Also, I love the history. We had a personal tour guide take us to Versailles and it was amazing. The only problem is, at the time the Hall of Mirrors was under renovation. That would be nice to see again!

 

And to be able to go back to Paris with someone you are in love with . . . I think that would be the best.

With our tax refund we have a great start on our trip. It's totally doable. The problem is . . .

 

Yeah, that's the problem. It's snowing right now and all I can think about is how nice it would be to be under the hot sun.

My mother's solution to this problem? "Go to the south of France!"

 

God I love that woman. She's a genius.

1 comment:

  1. This problem haunts me. I am so torn.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda