Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Challenge Begins

I started to explain more about the Elimination Diet to a friend of mine this morning. It ended up taking a big chunk of space in her own blog, and I figured I should just explain where I am on my blog! Bless her heart, she was worried about me getting enough food to supply the energy needed, especially for working out!

Just a note to all you worriers out there (mom), I'm eating PLENTY! Even though I have cravings for bread that I've never had in my life, and when I want something sweet I tell Mitch that I'm wasting away to nothing, it's all fine.

Anyways, back to the plan!

This week marks my fourth week. (wow, really?!) That means I'm entering the Phase 3 stage of the plan. I get to start introducing more yummy foods!

Yesterday we grabbed our list of Phase 3 food list and prioritized based on what we wanted to eat/what we actually were excited about eating. Each food needs to be separated by a couple of days to test my body's reaction. Here's the order we came up with . . .

1. Soy Products
2. Bananas, Papaya, Pineapple
3. Nightshade Vegetables: Peppers, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Potatoes
4. Beans
5. Tree Nuts (No Peanuts)
6. Turkey

Ok, this might seem confusing at first. Let me explain . . .

Soy products are the first on the list, because this weekend we added in soy sauce a couple of days early when we had sushi for dinner. It's been a couple of days and I feel alright, so I think I can check that off of the list of OK Foods.

Next on the list is Banana, Papaya and Pineapple. I'm not running to the store to grab a fresh papaya or anything, but I did happen to pick up some organic bananas the other day in preparation for this day. What can I say, I was excited!


Bananas are high on the list because they're an easy thing to test. I normally eat a banana alone so in theory it should be easy to tell if I have any reaction to it as it would be the only food in that particular meal/snack. I had one this morning for breakfast and it was beautiful. Do you realize how good bananas are?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Go get a banana right now! I'll wait.

The next group is the nightshade vegetables. Another exciting addition! I love me some peppers! So peppers will be the first of the group. I can't wait to throw some bell peppers in with my usual dish of roasted veggies. That will be a good night.


Then tomatoes. How to add those. . . tomato sauce? I can see us adding some homemade tomato sauce to some chicken and quinoa/rice pasta. YUM!


Eggplant . . . we don't eat so much. Maybe I'll find something to do with an eggplant. And potatoes . . . we don't eat those either. Perhaps if I'm desperate I'll eat a potato. Only if I have to.

Beans? No brainer. Black beans are another fav. Mitch, please tell me we can figure out how to eat Black Bean Burgers without the bun by this point! 


Then what? Tree nuts? Eh, whatever. I'll find some to snack on at some point. And who knows when I'll eat some freshly cooked organic, no pre-packaged turkey. If I have a desire to eat turkey then I might go there.

At this point in the diet you would normally add organic chicken and wild fish. But since we added that weeks ago, that might be why I'm not thrilled about adding turkey.

And that's where we are. I will be sure to let you know how the week goes as we keep adding. Until then, I'm gonna eat another banana!


Check out this link for more details:
Whol Life Nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda