Friday, March 4, 2011

Girlfriends

Every girl needs her girlfriends. In my opinion, there is nothing more important. Your girls will always help you through those situations that no boy can handle. And the best of them will stick with you your entire life. I've been so lucky to have some amazing women come into my life and even if some of them have come and gone, they always stick around in my heart.

My three nieces (From right to left Me, Ava, Sarah, and Claire) are my best girlfriends. I am always amazed by these three little ladies. They have such personality and all very different. They are my favorite people in the world. 


I read an article the other day about women spend so much time putting other women down. It's become a hobby. It's become a way for women to connect with each other. Three women in a room - one of them walks out - the other two start gossiping about her. It's an awful habit that we all need to stop! Stop putting each other down! We have to stick together or else who else is there . . . men? Aye! 

 
This gorgeous lady with me is my Mama and also best friend. 
I'm lucky to have such an amazing woman to look up to!

 My sister and I. She's always been someone I admire. 
She's always there for me, no matter what.

Now to be honest, I've never been the type of person to have a very full address book of friends. I've always been a one-on-one girl when it comes to friends as well. But even though I don't have a huge circle of friends, I cherish the friends that I do have. 

Other ladies I love & that made an impact on me? . . . 

(Note to girlfriends - I don't take a whole lot of pictures with people... I'm working on changing that... but that is why I don't have many pictures on here today!)


Today I got an email from a friend that I haven't talked to in over a year, and although the news was not exactly joyful, I was happy that she was able to connect with me in a time of need. And she knew that I would always be there for her. It reminded me to make more of an effort to stay connected so that the next time a friend is going through a tough time, I will already be there with her.


I have a challenge for you! 

This weekend, I challenge you to call, email, text, (whatever!) one of your girlfriends that you have lost touch with. 

You know there is someone out there that you regret losing contact with. So call her! Facebook her! Reach out to her!

You will feel 100% better knowing that you made an effort.  

Until next time . . . 


Lots of love,
Lyda

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with this post more! You are an amazing friend and an amazing Aunt and sister!! They love you more than you probably realzie! You are a part of their daily lives!! Girl Power!!
    sum

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda