Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cheer Up Little Bud

Hello Friends,


First off, I apologize for not blogging yesterday. Let's just say it was not a good day and instead of ranting about only getting three hours of sleep and having to deep clean the apartment, I decided to just stay away from blogging for the day.


But for your future information, a funny little fact: cats hate the smell of citrus. Peel an orange and try to get them to sniff it, and you will laugh for hours. (Ok, minutes.) It's a good way to keep cats out of somewhere they aren't supposed to be. Store that away in your brain for now, it might be useful to you someday.


Today is a new day. I woke up this morning, refreshed after finally getting a good night's sleep, ready for a new, beautiful day. Unfortunately it's a cloudy one, but I am determined to enjoy it nonetheless.


And do you want to know what just made my day?




My little baby herb garden!


And what made my day even more?


My little baby cilantro!


This is what it looked like on Friday . . . 




And today? 




Yeah baby! 


It's a-growin'! 


It started out as little seeds and it took a while, but it's sprouting some good stuff.


I was worried at first that I might have done something wrong. This is the side of me that is impatient. But a few weeks later, it started to sprout. It was a very proud moment.




To some of you, this might be a silly thing to get excited over. But for me, this is huge. I've never had much of a green thumb and I always managed to kill whatever plants I did have. So the fact that I planted little starter herbs and seeds and they are actually growing . . . well, that's a big deal.




I've already used a few of those herbs in dinners, and I just can't wait to use my very own cilantro!


Oh cilantro, how I love you!


This is the beginning of a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda