Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How Do You Know When It's Spring?

Yesterday I bought myself a Glamour Magazine and was hit over the head with spring florals and summer swim suits.


And I loved it!


All the bright colors and girly patterns instantly put me in a great mood. It also made my own closet look drab and bummy. I walked to the store in the early afternoon and it was a little chilly, so I wanted to wear a scarf . . . unfortunately all my scarves are either grey or black. That needed to be rectified.




The magazine's glossy pages also made me long for warm weather, sandy beaches, and margaritas. Can our dream trip to the south of France come sooner, please?




Why is it that every spring I get the urge to buy a new bikini? Anyone else have that same problem?




Something about Spring makes me feel rejuvenated. I want a total makeover. Makeover the closet, the hair and makeup, the apartment, my hobbies, my diet, everything. I want to move to Paris and live in a little loft apartment above a cafe and basically live a life similar to Amelie Poulain. (Though that might simply be because we are planning our trip to France.)




Can't you just see me wearing this outfit while strolling through the markets shopping for my dinner (in Paris of course!) . . .




Can't you?


So while I was daydreaming about feathery-light fabrics and the smell of fresh cut grass in the air, I took a walk to gather items for dinner. And yes, I made a little detour on my way there.




I went to my favorite boutique in Fairhaven, 4 Starrs. I remembered I still had some money left over from my anniversary present from Mitch, so I figured I should use it to add a little color to my life.


And I did.


I traded out my grey scarf for a bright blue one, and fell in love with a flower-y, flow-y dress . . .




Want to see me add some sweet heels to this dress to make it even more of a lovely spring-time outfit?!




Yep. That will happen.


This weekend is an exciting one, because my mother and I are going to spend it together in Bellevue, Washington. I'm tagging along with her to a hair show on Sunday, and we decided to make a full weekend of it by getting a nice hotel and doing some shopping. So this was the perfect day for inspiration.


Now I'm off to go through my closet and see what I need. I am going to attack this shopping trip from a responsible perspective and only shop for what I really need. And what I need is color.

Beautiful, brilliant color!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda