Friday, April 22, 2011

Workin' Hard, Lady

Sometimes I think . . . dang, I'm not really living up to this whole housewife thing. It just doesn't work well for me. I'm too lazy. I know there are a million different things I could do, but hey, HBO just added some new movies to their On Demand and that book I have on my kindle is getting good!


Sometimes I have the motivation to do the things that need to be done . . . and then I find videos online of penguins being tickled and a cute doberman and chihuahua couple.

I can't always blame my non-motivated lifestyle on my arthritis pain. Sometimes I'm just not up for the task. Like organizing the scary cabinet in my kitchen . . .


Hey, it takes a lot for me to post this for the world to see. I'd like to see you post YOUR bad cabinet before you judge!! I know I should get around to this. Someday I will. Right now I'm much too busy writing blog posts to bother myself with it. Ok, I'll work on it this weekend, I promise. (Liar.)


Ok, so I might never be this woman. The perfect little housewife. It's just not in my chemistry. But I will enjoy my little accomplishments. Like learning how to fold a fitted sheet.


I spent a good portion of my morning yesterday on this website trying to figure out how to fold a dang bottom sheet. I usually just crumple it in a ball and throw it in the closet next to the nicely folded top sheet. Not this time. No, I was going to figure this out.


And it only took a couple of tries and knocking a few cats out of the way to get it right.


Really, it's the little things you have to give yourself a pat on the back for every once in a while. I may not be perfect, but I try my hardest.

I might not look like this woman while I do the dishes . . .


I more likely throw my dishes in the dishwasher haphazardly.


But I did buy myself a fancy pair of rubber gloves. That's one step closer to perfection, right?


Right?


But really, in the end I think we have to all make our own rules. What defines the perfect wife or husband is set by their lifestyle. No one is perfect, though, no matter how hard they try to make it seem like they are to the outside world.


With my arthritis, and my lack of talent for housework, I'm . . . well . . . I'm a catch, that's for sure. Lucky Mitch. He sure got the pick of the litter with me.

But what do you expect when my fans look like this during the day . . .


Glares . . .


. . . and a hiding pile of fur.

I do what I can.

I'm here all week!

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, lady! :) I can relate to the scary cabinets. LOL I've had RA since age 5 and am now 51. My biggest problem with housekeeping is no one else in my family gets on board with my organizing efforts.

    I can spend hours arranging the kitchen so that I can get to what I need and it fits. But my ever-helpful hubby and kids (now adults) clean the kitchen for me, they just shove everything in wherever. Same with the linen closet - I fold the towels and sheets so they fit neatly; the next person who does it, again, sort of just shoves everything in there then leans on the door to shut it. LOL

    Oh well, in a few years I'll have an empty nest and my neat closets and cabinets will be small comfort!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda