Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Anyone?

I've got something you guys are going to love. LOVE. Well, I hope you will love it. Want to know what it is?

Brownies.


Yeah, I've already shared brownies with you before. But these are different. These are totally Paleo brownies. I didn't even realize they were Paleo until I started making them.

These are Almond Butter based brownies. They are gluten-free fabulousness.


I originally found the recipe on Glamour.com. They found the recipe from The Fitnessista,which is one of my new favorite blogs to follow. She linked to the recipe on Elana's Pantry. All that searching brought me to an awesome brownie recipe that I just had to try. If anything, I'd get a blog post about it, right?

Here's what you need . . .


Ingredients

16 oz Almond Butter (creamy)
2 Eggs
1 1/4 cups of Agave Nectar
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Cacao Powder (Eh, I used Hershey's Cocoa Powder. It's what I had on hand)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips 


The directions couldn't be easier! Thank you Elana

Step 1: Mix up that Almond Butter so it's good and smooth


Step 2: Blend in each ingredient, one at a time. At the end, fold in the chocolate chips.


Step 3: Pour batter into a 9x13 baking dish. Gina used cupcake tins, which seemed like a really awesome idea, though I didn't feel like digging them out of my scary cabinet. I used the baking dish and decided to smash some extra chocolate chips on top.


Note: She also suggested using 1 tsp of Espresso Powder which I gave a shot at. It reminded me of one of the brownie recipes I made previously. She also recommended using Maple Syrup instead of Agave Nectar, but since I had a bottle of AN on hand, I just used it. Go figure.

Step 4: Bake at 350 degrees for somewhere around 35-40 minutes. I made the mistake of cooking them a little too long so they got a teensy bit burnt. Oh well. They're still delicious.


And VoilĂ ! Gluten-free, Paleo Brownies! 


Again, I give all the credit to Elana's Pantry where I will now be searching for more amazing recipes. Same with The Fitnessista! Also, thank you to both websites for sharing their favorite links, as I have also found The Paleo Project which I've been checking out all evening. Wow I have a lot of reading to do!

I hope if you give these a try you will enjoy them as much as I do. They have made my belly happy.


Another note: It is very difficult for me to blog while Mitch is watching the hockey playoffs. We'll be sitting together, my legs draped over his lap with the laptop on top of me, keeping me warm. I'm typing away and the Vancouver Canucks are playing. Then all of a sudden . . . "SCOOOOOOOOORRRREEE!" and Mitch hoots and hollers out of no where.


I'm sure I jumped at least a couple feet in the air and nearly peed my pants it scared me so bad.

And this happened three times before I got up and moved to the other couch.

End of rant.


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda