Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SKI to SEA

I've been MIA for a couple days. I have voicemail messages on my phone I have yet to check. I have cleaning that has yet to be done (surprise surprise). All because it's been a very eventful weekend.

This weekend was Ski to Sea, Bellingham's annual 7 leg relay race. It's a big deal here. And this year was the 100th year. Lots of whoop whoops!

The race starts at Mount Baker and ends here in Fairhaven. We're talking downhill skiing and cross country skiing, running and road biking, canoeing, mountain biking and kayaking. And lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


My trainer Ginny was canoeing in the race. I'm seeing her today so I'll find out how she did!

I didn't race because I'm not hard core enough. But I did work. And with the festivities taking place here in downtown Fairhaven, it was wild and crazy.

Festivities?

Yep.


The streets were closed down and vendors with their tents took over. Across the street from our apartment they set up a beer garden and a stage. Not only were thousands of people in town to eat delicious vendor food, but they also came to drink a bunch of beer and listen to some live music. Heck yes!


Luckily we had prime seating from our deck.


I watched them set up on Saturday and then slowly begin on Sunday. It started with this . . .


And then turned into this . . .


Yowza!!


I was able to get a little walking and people watching in before I had to go to work.

And after work we celebrated with a little meal.


Aye. Not exactly proud of that one.

It was very fun, though, to have live music while staying at home!


And I might or might not have been the dancing entertainment for the people walking by our apartment deck.

All in a day's work!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love B'ham and wish we could have been there!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda