Friday, June 3, 2011

Doughnut Day

I had planned to write my blog today about knee pain, working out, the Paleo diet and a new book I'm reading, (how I was going to throw this all into one blog I'm not sure,) but then I noticed this . . .


After that, all of my thoughts went out the window. It's National Doughnut Day people!!

Speaking of, what is the proper spelling for doughnut? I always spell it with "dough" and "nut" but on Huffington Post they spell it Donut. It's an odd difference that makes no sense, don'it? Maybe I'll switch it up a bit.


Anyway, I dropped everything I was doing and decided this needed to be celebrated. Is there anything more perfect than a doughnut? I mean, I went all the way up to Canada just for a good donut, so you know how I feel about it.


But really . . . glazed, frosted, jelly-filled, cake, apple fritter or honey cruller . . . they're all amazing and delicious. If there was a way to get your daily nutrition allotment from doughnuts I'd eat them every day.

I know, I know, it could be one of the worst desserts for you, but come on! Could you really pass up the light, fluffy decadence if offered to you?


Luckily, I'm not crazy enough to attempt to make my own doughnuts, but for those of you who are, I found a recipe online to share. It looks like a lot of work. I'll settle for walking to the nearest bakery and letting someone else do all the hard work for me.


So today, instead of treating you to my deepest thoughts on arthritis, cooking, world politics, etc, I will be treating you to a donut. Ok, well I can't treat all of you to a doughnut, but I invite you to join me in treating yourself to a donut today.

. . . or five.

Happy doughnut/donut day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda