Monday, June 27, 2011

Gettin' To Know Ya

Since I started this website, my favorite thing has been connecting with people from around the world who also have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I went from knowing maybe two other people who went through what I was going through, to a network of people all over the globe. I have never felt so at home, so comfortable, so able to open up with my new community of friends.

A year ago, I was uncomfortable discussing my health with anyone outside my circle of trusted friends and family. Once I started writing regularly and getting over my fear of opening up to strangers, I realized how great this whole idea was.

When you talk about it, you aren't alone. Oh and that's such a nice thing, isn't it?

So what am I rambling on about?

Well I decided that I want to open this up to more than just me.

I love writing and it's becoming something I'm more and more passionate about. But I also want other people to feel the benefits. So what I decided to do is to begin a new series on this website dedicated to other people with RA.

The interview process will be all through networking online. I'll either provide a Q&A option, or a more detailed biography, or even autobiography if the interviewee is interested.

This will be a regular series, so if you are interested in contributing with your own story, email me at lydaclark.blog@gmail.com


Alright RA Friends, who's with me?

5 comments:

  1. Great idea. I don't have RA but I do have inflammatory arthritis related to an autoimmune disease called Sjogren's Syndrome. I have also had the chance to network with other Sjogren's/autoimmune sufferers and you cannot put a price on support like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started my blog a few weeks ago and I too am amazed at all the people I have met. Finally people that understand. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I am so glad to have your support! It's the best! If you want, I would love if you both would like to be involved. I can email you the Q&A or, since you're bloggers yourselves, if you want to write your own "story" that would be great! Let me know.

    Lyda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. Send me the Q and A if you'd like and let me know what you are looking for in the story and I will send that back to you with the Q and A. My e-mail is: cmolloy435@charter.net. Thanks for including me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always up for an interview! I was diagnosed with RA in 2001, and ran my first marathon in 2010! The internet has been such an amazing resource for meeting other RA conquerors.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda