Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Went On A Hike

Another achievement was made the other day!

I went on a hike. And made it to the destination without having to turn back around. Or dying.


It was about 5 miles round trip and steeper than I thought it would be. And for someone who hasn't been on a hike in a looooong time, and has pain in her knees and hip, that's a big ol' accomplishment!


At the end of the hike was fragrance lake. It was pretty.

It looks like my arm is a very long log and I'm pointing at the lake. Not the case.

It felt so good to be outdoors and get some serious exercise. It felt good to accomplish something like this. I never would have thought I'd be able to make this kind of a trip 8 months ago. It just shows me that I have the ability to change my body and get moving. I also have the ability to surprise myself.


You all know I'm big on celebrating the little accomplishments we make on a daily basis. I'm like the little cheerleader of the online communities. 

You walked around your neighborhood? Way to go!

You made it through the day in heels? Atta girl!
You got your husband to give you a massage after work? Spill the secret of how you convinced him to!

It's all good things! 


Pat yourself on the back every once in a while. You deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Yes, every little accomplishment deserves a celebration! Anyone say.."Party time!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I love hikes. They seem to be good physically and mentally. I am so glad you were able to enjoy this experience and so glad you shared it with us. I love success stories.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda