Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Poor Little Feeties

Why has it taken me so long to post this morning? The reason is this . . .


I have been pinned down by my blogging buddy. Normally he is all about the blogging, but lately he demands more attention. My theory is that since I've been working so much the kitties feel a little abandoned. Yesterday I had to leave my purse here at home instead of taking it with me to work because someone was sleeping in it  . . .


I assume it's because he doesn't want me to go, because sleeping on all the crap in my purse can't be comfortable. So now, any time I'm sitting on the couch or the bed, it's all paws on Lyda.

How is that job going? Thank you for asking! It's going fabulously!

Helping people shop all day? It's like a dream come true!

The only problem?

My poor little feet.

Between the cement floor and a desire to always look cute, comfort is often sacrificed.


How does one handle this? You would think the perfect job for someone with arthritis would be some sort of desk job where you could sit all day long. But that's no good either. I've done that. If I sit for too long I get achey. There has to be that perfect balance.

And foot massages.


Mitch, I had a hard day at work. Will you massage my little feeties? 

*silence*

. . . Mitch?

*silence*

. . . Where did he go?


So what do you do? I admit, there are days where I've had to bust out the Birkenstocks. I love those bad boys. It's like walking on a cloud. And tennis shoes could work great as well. But what else works?

First of all, let's talk about TOMS shoes. We carry these at the store and I can't say enough about them. They have a surprising amount of arch support and really are comfortable. I'm able to wear them for the entire day on my feet at work and I'm still doin' well. I can't say enough about them. And you can feel good about your purchase because with every pair of shoes you buy, they donate a pair to a child in need.


Another shoe that is fabulous: DANSKO shoes. Alright, these might not be the most fashionable shoes, but they have so many different designs and colors. I mean, check out mine! Hand painted guys that my mother bought me a few years ago at Nordstrom. Originally I got them for walking around on campus (and in the rain) and they definitely got some good use.


And if you're looking for something casual? I'd go with SANUK shoes. Alright, we carry these shoes at the store as well, but I've loved these shoes for years. The first pair I ever bought I found at a little boutique in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. I wore them everywhere and loved them so much. They were comfortable and a cute flip flop but the cushion was what was so amazing. When I got home I went online and bought another pair for myself and a pair for Mitch.


Recently I bought ANOTHER pair (yeah, that's how much I love them and wear them) from the store. This pair is made with the same material used in yoga mats. So much cushion, so much comfort. Another shoe I love wearing at work. Heaven on your feet. Ahhh . . .

The rest of the time . . . well, my feet and knees probably hate me. But I will never give up my heels. I love them too much.


Plus I'm short. Come on people, I gotta get some height somehow!


Niki, mama needs a foot massage . . .


Oh forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda