Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Relaxation Tips From Niki &Tesla

I apologize for the lack of postings yesterday. A lot is going on. Times are changing. Things are brewing. I can't tell you yet, but soon I'll fill you in on everything. For now, let's leave it at I needed a day off. Some time to relax. Recoup. Take it easy.

But that's hard to do sometimes. So I took a lesson from Niki and Tesla and I thought I'd share it with you all because . . . well, it's crucial stuff that needs to be passed on.


Step 1: Find your comfy place.

Find a place where you will be able to let your self lay back and relax. Be that on your bed, couch, floor, your back yard, or on top of the fridge. Preferably somewhere quiet, without too many unwanted distractions. If it helps, throw on some sweat pants. That's a surefire way to get the comfy started.


Step 2: Get rid of unwanted distractions.

As mentioned above, you want to rid yourself of the unwanted distractions of the day. If you are stressing out about a project, put that work somewhere out of sight. If your phone is ringing off the hook, turn it off. If you keep getting slapped in the face by your friend, move as far away from that friend as you can until they get the hint that you need some "me time". (This is where being on top of the fridge might be your best option.)


Step 3: Find some wanted distractions.

It might be a book, or the television, or a delicious meal, but there must be something you could do to get your mind off the things that are causing you to need some rest. Watch a movie. Listen to some good tunes. Do a puzzle. Knit. Make a pair of shoes. Whatever it is you enjoy doing that relaxes you. For Tesla, it's nursing on her bed. To each his own.


Step 4: Enlist in a buddy's help.

If you are the type to enjoy relaxing with company, invite a friend to join in the relaxation fun. A movie and some popcorn under a big comforter is one of my favorite relaxation techniques. Snuggle up with a loved one for added affect.


Make sure loved one wants to snuggle first, though.


Step 5: If all else fails, spend some time upside down. That should do the trick.


RA Friends tomorrow! Are you as excited as I am????

1 comment:

  1. Moomee and Mango agree over here at abcsofra...they approve of your mascots for this blog post and couldn't be happier to immediately implement ALL of your suggestions. And they thank you from the bottom of their heart for your well written relaxation post which is their favorite thing to do.

    Did I mention...Moomee and Mango are my two kitties :-) But I DO agree 100% with them on their views.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda