Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Free Range Cats

Oh man.


I'm going to miss these little bugs.

Tonight will be the last night these two sleep in our little apartment. Tomorrow we leave for Wenatchee, my parent's house, and the beginning of their three month adventure. They will survive. . . . But will I?


Some of you might think my reactions to three months without my kitties to be silly. You might think they are just cats and I'm moving to Hawaii and is it worth all the trouble and stress?


Yes. Yes it's worth it. I love my kitties. My babies. My little sunshines. Our home isn't really our home without them. And to think that tonight is the last night that the four of us will spend in our home together before the move makes me sad.


And it makes me even more sad to see them react to the bags being packed. They've been desperate for attention for the last two weeks and a part of me feels that they know. They know what's going on.

Here's the difficulties going along with moving cats to Hawaii: First you have to have their shots up to date and bloodwork done. You have to have two sets of rabies shots and they have to be within a certain amount of days of each other. Once the bloodwork gets checked out and they are good and healthy, the wait begins. 120 days. Why you have to wait so long, I have no freaking idea. It makes no sense to me. But you wait. And wait. And wait. And to go along with the waiting, there's paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!

Paperwork gets put on the back burner when there is so much moving involved. Aye, paperwork sucks, especially when you run out of stamps to send it all in.


Our kitty pickup date is around Thanksgiving, so this year I will be thankful to have my little family back together again. Like I said, I am sure they will be fine in this time apart, but I'm not so sure I will be. It will be tough. But for now, I am going to spend the day snuggling, and playing and eating roast beef with my little kitties.


2 comments:

  1. I bet this will be hard for you. I can't imagine being without my border collie Izzy for three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course this is normal. Who wouldn't miss to soft, warm fuzzy hot water bottles that purr? One would have to be nuts not to! I have two furr balls also and I know yours will do just fine. We know how independent kitties can be. But I do wonder if you will do fine? just kidding. You will survive and you all will be reunited before you know it. Maybe you can Skype with them :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda