Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello Again!

I'm back, people! I'm alive! Did you miss me? Oh man did I ever miss you!


I've been MIA for the last two weeks (WHAT?! TWO WEEKS?! ACK!) because of the move. We got here on the 1st and it wasn't until an hour ago that I had a reliable internet connection. That's two whole weeks without the internet, which is a terrible, terrible thing for someone who blogs and emails, networks and connects. I'm not gonna lie, I went a little crazy. 


Anyway  . . .




We made it! We now no longer live in the Pacific Northwest, we live in the state of Hawaii. Crazy, huh? That's the only word I've really used to describe it so far. Just a little crazy. 




We're in our new little apartment, which is surprisingly only about a block from Kailua Beach.  Our furniture just arrived yesterday (it made that ship-ride across the Pacific Ocean safely), so for the first couple of weeks we lived in our empty apartment with nothing but an inflatable bed, a couple of folding chairs, and a few items that we hoped would get us through that time alive. It was definitely "roughing it." Let's just say I'm extremely happy that we have furniture again, and let me tell you why . . . 


As wonderful it is to live in a place so many people consider to be paradise, it's very difficult to live in paradise when you have nothing. Well, that's not true, I have a lot of wonderful things. A wonderful husband, a roof over my head, a little gecko visitor every night whom I named Jerome. 




But with my wonderful husband at work all day and the roof over my head being just about the only thing I had to look at inside, things got a little difficult. Especially with the horrible cold I caught.




Yeah, the worst cold I've had in a long time.




You know what it's like to have a wicked cold and no couch to sit on and no television to watch or internet to bum around on? It sucks.




So I have this cold (it's still hanging on with a vengeance), and it's a bummer, but what I keep hearing is ". . . but you're in Hawaii! You have no right to complain!" 


. . . Well that's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard. Because even in Hawaii, people get colds. And their arthritis flares up. And they can't figure out how to cook a delicious meal when it's so dang hot in their kitchen. And they get homesick for their family and friends and sweet little kitties.


And because of that, I will continue to blog. And I will continue to tell you about the daily shenanigans. And I will learn to stop beginning sentences with the word "and".






And good day!






1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Lyda. I remember when we moved away from home. I had a new baby and a toddler and felt so lonely. Hang in there. New friends and adventures are on the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda