Monday, October 3, 2011

PALEOctober!

It's PALEOCTOBER (PAY-LE-AHK-TOE-BURR . . or what might make more sense: Paleo October). Mitch was the creative one that came up with the name. It's a reaction to our recent horrible eating habits I've picked up over the last month. To get myself on track, I'm taking Robb Wolf's advice which is to take 30 days of strict paleo eating. His suggestion is that after 30 days you should be able to see improvement.

Thus, PALEOctober came into action!


Does that look like Pale-October? Oh well . . .

Let's give it a go!

I've gone on and on in the past about how important diet can be to arthritis pain. I know for a fact that I react negatively to dairy products, and yet I still love me some strawberry ice cream! I know how bad grains are for your body, that our bodies aren't really able to digest them properly, and yet a piece of pita bread with that salad or naan bread with the delicious Indian curry sounds amazing.

Oh gelato, how I miss you.

At least I'm not alone in this weird form of  food sadomasochism. For some reason even if we find ourselves in pain from eating that cupcake, we still shove it in our face for that instant gratification. I feel like I can't complain about any joint pain I've been having in the last few weeks because bagels and cream cheese have been an on-the-go weekend choice.

And fries. I love fries.

So I'm doing something about it. Strict paleo for 30 days. Once the 30 days are up I'll let myself be a little more relaxed, but it's important for me to get back on track. But for now, it's no processed foods, lots of veggies, meat, fish and fruit. And trying out some new recipes. (Hopefully they turn out!) Yum yum!

Luckily Mitch agreed to go along for the ride. And we kicked things off with an amazing meal of grass-fed tri-tip steak and veggies! Yay!


Anyone else excited for this? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Anyone else feel like joining me? Yeah? No? Ah well! I'll share with you how it goes, and hopefully I'll be able to share some new paleo recipes. Oh it will be fun! Stay tuned!


Click here to read this week's Achieve Clinical blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda