Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anger

Anger is a funny thing.


There are a lot of people out there who get angry about the littlest things. Things that are nothing to get emotional about. Things that really don't deserve all the attention they give it. Things.


Those of us with chronic illnesses have a lot of reasons to be angry. More so than most people. Pain, fatigue, the inability to do everyday tasks. Why did this happen? Why am I in such pain? Why do I have this auto-immune disease?


Each of us makes a choice, every day, to let that anger take over or not. You make the decision to be angry.


But can you really afford to be angry? For me, anger always comes with sickness. My stress and angry emotions often lead to getting sick, headaches, weakness, even canker sores (my nemesis). Is sitting there, simmering in your anger worth the consequences?


I witnessed a girl recently who had everything going for her (including her perfect health, which is one of those things that I always look at and am jealous of). She was complaining about something so trivial that it was difficult to sympathize with her. She let it get to her so much so that she could not function for the rest of the day. Her day ended early so she could stew in her hatred of the world.


It made me think that we have the decision whether or not to let our troubles get to us. Do you want to let your struggles turn you into a negative person or are you going to push past it and see the positive? Sometimes we choose to be upset, and other times we choose to be happy with what we have. And what feels better?


We make that decision on our own.

1 comment:

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda