Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cheers!

I was emailing with a woman yesterday about drinking alcohol and being on RA meds. Here's what I had to say about it . . .




Cheers!


Ok, I'm not a physician, I'm in no place to promote drinking and alcohol, but in my opinion as long as you aren't abusing alcohol (a good tip for everyone I think), and you are generally healthy, you will be ok.


Get your blood work done regularly, stay open with your doctor about your lifestyle, and then be smart about it. I told my doc that I'm not going to give up my glass of wine at dinner and that was that. Hopefully my Irish liver keeps me healthy.




I think it's a good rule that you don't abuse alcohol. That you don't abuse your body and do what would make your body feel bad. But a glass of wine is the best thing for me at this very moment.


Cheers! Here's to your health!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I feel like I am working hard to keep my body healthy by preparing basically ever meal I eat myself. This is really reducing the load on my liver and allows for a little enjoyment of wine a few times a week. So far, I haven't had any problems with my lab work. In fact, it generally looks really good. Enjoy! Whatever you are drinking looks yummy. Have you tried the NorCal Margaritas? Tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda