Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Knees and Cupcakes

Damn you swollen knee!




Once again, I'm on the couch icing my knee. I have no ice so I'm using a bag of frozen blackberries. And frozen anything doesn't last too long here so I have to change every few minutes from frozen berries to chilled beer glasses to whatever else I can find in the freezer that will work. Fun.


I had my appointment with a primary care doc late last week and I was told it should only take about 48 hours to get my Enbrel approval through so hopefully that means this week I'll be able to start up again. Thank goodness. I still find it funny that you have to have extra approval for Enbrel. It's not like it's a narcotic. I doubt there are a whole lot of people out there using it as a recreational drug. Whatever.


If you're anything like me, when you're on a good treatment and you're without swelling for a majority of the time, you're always thinking of your joints, keeping an eye on them. Every little tweak, every little ache. I watch those joints like a hawk. I spend a lot of time predicting if a joint will swell. I sit there talking about how I think my knee is a little swollen, and in some moments it's very true, but then when I get a real blowup, a real swollen knee, it's kind of hilarious that I ever question if I'm swollen or not. It's very obvious when I am.


And it's frustrating. So back on Prednisone. Fun fun. I've been super jittery all day. Like I drank way too much coffee. Don't worry about those random texts you might have received from me, it's hard to type the right buttons when your hands are all shakey. And don't get me started on trying to sleep. At least I'm doing plenty of baking to keep myself busy.


Non-paleo baking.




It's times like these that you need comfort food. Though I have to point out that my joint pain and swelling was doing great up until a few days ago when I started to lack off on PALEOctober. Very interesting.


3 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look yummy! I hope they were worth the pain.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more worth the pain of arthritis than pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. . . . I say as I shove another in my face . . . with knees propped up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!! Cupcakes look heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda