Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries & Kitty Countdown

My knees seem to be fickle lately. I don't know if it's the prednisone or what, but I've never seen swelling go up and down and up and down so quickly in such a short amount of time. My knees must be crazy. Or the prednisone might simply be making me crazy. Oh well!


Though it's moments like these where I miss my kitties even more than normal. There's nothing like a cuddly kitty to turn lazing on the couch icing your knees into a happy day. Only 26 more days! The countdown begins!


Other things that help the time fly by involve books, television and food. It's funny, it's as if it's engrained in me that this time of year I should be baking and cooking up a storm. Luckily, the beginning of the stormy season is here so the weather is cooling off enough for me to use that oven.


And one fabulous thing that I've been loving lately is sweet potato fries. Have I shared sweet potato fries with you? They're easy so those of you who haven't tried them before should definitely give it a go. And those of you who find this recipe boring, well, eat some fries and be happy.




Chop sweet potatoes into 1/8 to 1/4 inch fries. Place in bowl.

Add just enough olive oil to lightly coat your sweet potato fries and stir.

Lay fries flat on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle some sea salt over top.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. For the last five minutes, keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. If they need a bit more time, leave in for 1-2 minute increments.

Let cool for a minute, or as long as you can possibly wait before attacking the plate.




I find they are perfect on their own. Mitch likes to dip them in ketchup. But we both agree, they are delish.


Eat 'em up!




Don't mind if I do!

2 comments:

  1. That's our favorite way to eat sweet potatoes... so easy and totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, don't get me started on sweet potatoes. One of my favorites. And I'll give you fifty more recipes for eating them while I'm at it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda