Thursday, November 17, 2011

Travel Day Again

Hello Friends,


I realize that I haven't posted much recently, and that's because I've been focused on preparing for our Thanksgiving vacation trip! Tonight we are taking a red-eye flight from Hawaii to Washington. (My first red-eye ever - I hope I will be able to sleep on the plane!) The last couple of days I have been packing and cleaning and getting the house ready for my sweet little kittens!


That's the exciting thing! The next time I will be here in our home in Hawaii I will have Tesla and Niki with me! How happy we will all be! (I hope!)


Like I said previously, it's been snowing in Washington lately, and that will be a shock for us. It's funny, we've mentioned to our neighbors, coworkers, random people in Hawaii that we will be going up to WA and that it's below freezing there and the reaction has been utter shock. Like, why would we ever want to go there in that temperature? We must be crazy!!


But I'm actually excited for some winter weather! Don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate the warm weather here. I know how lucky I am to live in this amazing state. But I do miss the changing of the seasons. I love the fall, I love the first snow, I love the holidays where you cozy up to a warm fireplace and snuggle up with your loved ones. I'm going to soak up as much of that holiday feeling as I can while I'm up in my home state. I will enjoy every second of it!


Except for being cold. Ok, I hate being cold. Raise your hand if your joints go crazy and achey every time the temperature drops! And with my swollen knees and elbows, I'm assuming I'll be a little uncomfortable. But that just means I'll need to spend some more time with Niki under that super comfortable blanket in my parent's livingroom!


Oh, and by the way, my Enbrel finally got here! The deal was, in the state of Hawaii Enbrel is a "specialty drug". And because it's a specialty drug not all pharmacies will carry it. In fact, you have to go to a "specialty pharmacy" in order to get it filled. Luckily, because there is only one place (as far as my insurance is concerned) that I can get Enbrel filled, they have a delivery service that will bring the Enbrel to you. Hooray!


A lovely young man delivered my Enbrel in a cooler today and I've never been so happy to get my prescriptions filled than at that moment. As I hobbled down the stairs with two swollen knees, it took all my might not to hug the man with thanks for bringing me my medicine. It's been much too long.


Although once I was injecting the Enbrel into my belly I was cursing it and wondering why the hell I would put myself through this pain. Oh well. I'll get over it.


Anyways, I feel I've been rambling. Mostly because I'm tired. Also because my husband and I just shared a bottle of wine. And also because I'm trying to type quickly to get this out before I have to leave for the airport.


The next time you hear from me I'll be in good ol' Washington state! And I'll be freezing my little butt off.


Take care, y'all!


Love,

Lyda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda