Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Favorite Gingerbread Cookies

Have I mentioned how much I love my readers?


Seriously, I've never felt more overwhelmed with love than when I read responses to my posts, emails from dear blog-friends, and it brings me close to tears.


And because I love you all so much, I'm going to share a delicious secret with you.


A delicious secret recipe of mine . . .


For the holidays, I give you . . .


Gingerbread Cookies!




This is my personal recipe that I've had for years. And it's fantastic. The cookies are chewy and spicy and oh so delicious. The frosting on top sweetly melts in your mouth and you are in gingerbread heaven.


It's true.


I wouldn't lie.


Not about this.


Not about my gingerbread cookie recipe.


Are you ready for this?


Gingerbread Cookies Recipe




Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Dark Molasses
1 Egg
2 3/4 cups Flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Hot Water


1. Cream Butter with Brown Sugar.




2. Add Molasses and Egg and mix together well




3. Sift the dry ingredients and add 1/2 cup at a time.




4. Add Vinegar and Water and continue to mix for another minute or two.


5. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.


6. Roll out the dough and cut using cookie cutters. Or you can roll into balls and flatten with your palm for round cookies. I like to keep the cookies thick so that they stay chewy instead of crispy.


7. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool before frosting.




Frosting Ingredients

2 tbs Softened Butter
1 Egg White
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar


Drink some wine while frosting cookies. Like me.


1. Mix all ingredients with 1 cup of sifted sugar.


2. Slowly add the rest of the sugar 1/4 cup at a time.


3. Use food coloring if desired. 


4. Eat cookies.




The frosting will harden enough for you to pack in a tupperware container - just separate each layer with a piece of parchment paper.




Like I said, this is my favorite holiday cookie recipe. I've tried numerous other gingerbread cookie recipes in the past but none have ever turned out as good as these.




And no, they aren't paleo.


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda