Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

I like new year resolutions.


There's something cleansing about a new year. It's as if you can start over again, maybe do things better this time around. Even if it's just in your head, it's somehow refreshing to be able to give yourself a clean slate on January 1st.


You can always change any time of the year, but the first of January gives you a good starting point . . . for the record books, ya know.


Most of us don't follow through with our resolutions. And most of us aren't very original. (lose weight, volunteer more, read more books . . . )


I like to give myself a few things to try to keep in mind, even if it's just for the first few months of the year. Even if I don't really keep up with them. I like to spend some time thinking about what I'd like the new year to look like.


Though a couple of years ago I made a resolution to teach myself how to cook and I'm pretty proud of how far I've come. I would not be able to make it as a food blogger had I kept making the crap I used to. 


Obviously, my first resolution has already been set. As hard as it might be.


My second resolution . . . put some more time into figuring out what I want to do with my time.


I'm not going to give myself something like "find the perfect job," because as much as I would love the perfect job for me, I'd really settle for any half-way fulfilling job at this point. Landing a job would be amazing, and it's a big goal of mine, but even bigger a goal is finding some direction.


That's a big one.


Next up . . . continue to welcome new offers.


Since I moved, I've been doing my best to keep up with saying "yes" to opportunities that approach me. It's been going pretty well. I'm becoming less of a flake, which is a good thing. But that should continue.


And finally . . . the last resolution . . .


Stop being a "ball-buster" according to my husband.


. . .


Ah, who are we kidding? That's the funnest hobby of all!


Happy New Year everyone! See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda