Friday, December 23, 2011

Twas The Friday Before Christmas . . .

Happy Friday everyone!


Is anyone else as excited as I am that Christmas is only two days away?


I thought so!


Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you gotta feel the holiday cheer throughout the month of December, right?




I'm not a religious person, but I love this holiday. I love spending that special time with your loved ones, giving gifts, making a feast and spending a few days without worry or troubles because it's the one time of year that you can let go of it all. To appreciate what you have and show how much you care.




I love gift-giving. To me, there's nothing better than coming up with the perfect gift. My favorite Christmases in the past haven't been the ones where I got everything I wanted, but the ones where I gave gifts to my family and friends that were particularly memorable. More thought goes into what I could give than what I want for myself.



Though, I admit, I might purchase a gift for myself every once in a while. I know I'm not alone! Sure, don't admit it now, but you know you do the same!


Picture taken just seconds before Tesla tugged down the stockings.


This year, as much as I will miss my family, I am excited for the part of the holidays where you let go of the petty troubles, the stresses, the things that make you upset, and just enjoy being happy. Being at peace. Appreciating the life you have. I have a feeling this will be the most relaxing holiday so far.




And though it's just the two of us, we are still having a feast of a dinner! Yeah, cooking - it's what we do.


Did I mention my dream kitchen would have two stovetops so that Mitch and I could cook at the same time without bumping into each other? Ahh, that would be nice.


For Christmas I am letting go of my diet (because I've been sticking to it so well . . .) and trying out some new recipes.


For breakfast, a quiche. I have never ventured into quiche territory before so this will be an all new experience. If it turns out well I will share it with you. *crossing fingers*




Another new adventure will be dessert, which this year will be a fruit tart. I haven't made it yet but I went out and bought all the ingredients I'll need for it today and I'm anxious to try it. I'm also anxious to share the recipe with you, even though I haven't made it yet.


I hope it turns out good as well.


But as the holiday season comes closer I'm brought back to thanking my readers and friends. You all have been a joy to write for and to get to know. I love that I have met so many amazing people through this website and it means the world to me that so many of you enjoy what I write.




You mean the world to me and I thank you for stopping by every day.


So happy holidays everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.


Hugs all around!


xoxo
Lyda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda