Oh there is so much on our minds these days.
The luxury of being "worry free" is one not seen by a majority of people these days.
So sometimes we need something that allows us to take a moment to enjoy simplicity and happiness.
That's right, folks! I have another recipe to share!
This one was brought upon by the fact that I had very little to eat as far as breakfast the last few days. Not as many leftover dinners and getting tired of the usual scrambled eggs . . . sometimes you need just a little somethin' to mix things up. To add to your coffee and fruit.
So we have a lovely little portable baked yummy to snack on . . . anytime of the day really!
Paleo Banana Almond Muffins
1 cup of finely ground almonds / almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cups of crunchy almond butter (make sure it's unsweetened)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
And if you're looking for a sweet treat, throw some chocolate chips into your grocery cart.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat muffin tin with grapeseed oil (or whatever you choose to grease with).
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
3. Add the almond butter and eggs to the dry mixture. You can use a standing mixer, or you can work those arm muscles and mix it yourself!
4. Mash the bananas in a small bowl. Add the cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Add the banana mixture to the almond mixture and combine well.
6. Divide the batter into your cupcake tin. If you want, you can do like I did and add chocolate chips to one half of the mix. Or hell, add chocolate chips to the whole thing! Bananas and chocolate are awesome together.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes - until you can stick a toothpick (or the small end of a chopstick in my case) in the center of the muffins and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool and devour. Serve as a dessert or a delicious addition to your breakfast!
I've attempted paleo banana breads before, but this has to be the best outcome I've had. Lots of flavor. Good texture. Very satisfying.
And oh baby, those choco chip ones . . . they are to die for. I might have to eat another . . . quality control, people.
Try 'em out and let me know what you think!