Monday, January 23, 2012

Ouch, My Head

Some days life just wants you to stop moving.


You might have plans, but you better cancel 'em.


As what happened to me this weekend . . .


I had all these plans . . .


Plans to go into town.


Plans to surf in the ocean.


Plans with friends.


Nope. Instead I slip and put a nice little dent in my forehead. An unfortunate accident that I could not explain how it happened if I tried. All I know is I fell, hit my head on the metal towel rack in the bathroom and hit the ground.


Mitch's explanation is this . . .


There was a thud. Then an "ooow!" 


And a bunch of blood.


Nothing like a little head injury in the morning to start your weekend, huh?


Fortunately, since we're so self-serving, we just threw some neosporine and a bandaid on it and called it good. Unfortunately, I had a major head ache for the rest of the weekend.


I know, I know, head injuries are nothing to laugh about. But this bandaid in the middle of my forehead is kinda funny.


You're expecting a photo, I know. Come on, I have a little more dignity than that! . . . maybe.


So instead of doing all the wonderful things I wanted to do, I laid on the couch and rested. Perhaps that's just what I needed. Perhaps I was just lazy this weekend. Who knows.


All I know is, I've got a bandaid on my head and I need to come up with a much better battle story than the truth.

1 comment:

  1. Owwww! Hopefully you are feeling better by now. And you do know that a headache can be a concusion (did I mispell that?) If it persists, get into the docs. They can tell by looking at your pupils if this is the case.

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda