Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh Niki . . .

Sometimes I  feel like life throws more challenges than necessary. It's as if it's some humorous joke to see how we react to stressful situations. In my case this weekend, I think Niki has a thing for making me freak out.




A weekend of vet visits, freak outs over the possibility of my poor kitty having partial seizures, and little-to-no sleep, I'm exhausted. It's still a mystery as to what was happening. Signs pointing toward Niki having had a seizure, or something less serious as having an allergic reaction to something in the house (which is surprising because there is nothing new in here. Le sigh.) About a million trips to the vet and an overnight stay, Niki is home and I'm trying to process everything that happened.




To make everything worse, Mitch had to leave on Sunday morning for a business trip so I've been dealing with most of it on my own. At first I was panicking about that. I'm too much emotion and not enough reason. I have a hard time making serious decisions like this without taking everything personally.


But the exciting thing was that once it came down to it, I was able to. I learned that I do have the ability to handle tough situations on my own, and that's very liberating. Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit. Sometimes I discount my abilities and I shouldn't.


For now, I have a little family to take care of and I'm leaving it at that. With things finally calming down a bit, I think I'll give myself a day to just . . . relax.


Ahhh . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh poor baby kitty. I hope you can figure out what might be causing the seizures. Our next door neighbors dog recently started having seizures also. They are changing his dog food in the hopes of maybe stopping them. If you are giving kitty's any topical treatments for fleas/ticks/heartworms etc. I would suspect that first as it is a strong chemical and is usually applied between the shoulder blades. And unfortunately just as with humans if the vet suspects allergies it can be anything...including food, kitty litter, any medications for anything, vitamins and even kitty treats or a new toy. This website gives a good overview of the types and things to look for: http://pets.webmd.com/cats/cat-seizures-causes-treatments Poor kitty. Give em lots of extra lovings :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda