Friday, February 17, 2012

Orange You Glad It's Friday?

It's Friday! Yay! Who doesn't love Fridays?


This Friday I'm keeping things short and sweet. A new recipe I just tried and it will take you all of 2 minutes to make.


Ok, it's a drink. A smoothie. An orange smoothie.




I know what you're thinking . . . "Real thrilling, Lyda. What's next? How to make a PB&J?"


No, and you've got a real sour attitude for it being Friday and all.


I never use my blender because I think it's a pain in the butt to clean. But I got this idea for an "orange julius" style smoothie from Colourful Palate the other day and decided to get over my annoyance at washing a blender and try it out.


What can I say? Her photo is a little fancier than mine.


It was yummy and worth it. A delicious dessert-y treat that I drank almost as quickly as it took me to make.


Orange-Vanilla Smoothie


Ingredients:
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Orange Juice Concentrate
1/2 tsp Vanilla
4-5 Ice Cubes


The almond milk I used was flavored with vanilla so I cut down the vanilla extract to 1/4 tsp. It's definitely a sweet drink but it's yummy.


Step One: Put ingredients in blender.




Step Two: Turn blender on and . . . blend.


Step Three: Pour into a glass and drink.




Step Four: Clean the blender. 


Did you try it yet? No? Go on ahead, I'll wait.


. . .




What did I tell you? Delicious, huh?


You're welcome.


UPDATE!: Adding banana to the recipe makes it much creamier and is delicious. Genius, right? We've also added strawberries and blackberries to this orange smoothie with awesome results! The key here is the bit of vanilla extract to give it that orange-cream flavor. 


Enjoy your weekend!!


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Passing this one onto my daughter who eats glueten free, soy free and dairy free. Yeah...it fits!!! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda