Friday, March 16, 2012

Celebrating My Irish-ness

"May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long."


This weekend is St Patrick's Day, people! It's time to celebrate!




I don't know what my deal is with St Patrick's Day. I like to say it's me overly celebrating my Irish heritage. Luckily the sun and warm weather have been hiding out lately so my skin is that glowing paste-y white again so I can really embrace what my Irish ancestors gave me: fair skin and freckles.


But in all seriousness, why wouldn't you want to celebrate a day of drinking and eating? That's all you have to do! Maybe catch a parade if one is happening near you. Or not. Just hang out and drink some Bailey's and call it a day. Cheers!


I will be celebrating by doing what I do best . . . eating.


And drinking.


But mostly eating.


I have to make up for last year, since this time last year I was in the middle of the Elimination Diet and had to pass on all the beautiful food traditions. I have new recipes that I'm going to tackle this year. Since I have yet to try them, I will simply link you to the original recipes. We'll check in next week and see how things turned out, how does that sound?




First off, I'm looking forward to trying this Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread. It will be interesting, and more of an experiment, because I have a favorite Irish Soda Bread recipe that I will share with you someday. But I think this has lots of potential.




Second, for the main dish, Mitch brought home over 5lbs of corned beef. Of course we will be enjoying this for dinner . . . maybe a few dinners . . . but we will also be saying "screw you!" to our paleo diet and using the leftovers to create a most delicious Corned Beef Hash! You can check out this recipe for some inspiration.


And finally, to finish things off, I will be making these bad boys . . .




Yes, again, shouting obscenities at my healthy lifestyle, I will make cupcakes infused with booze. All in the name of my Irish-ness!


So happy St Patrick's Day, my friends!


"Here's to you and yours, And to mine and ours, And if mine and ours ever come across you and yours, I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours and mine and ours have done for you and yours!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, and feel free to send me an email any time.

xoxo
Lyda